Smaller assemblies can also be made by robot welding. For this purpose, we have invested in the newest welding robot from ABB, which offers you a variety of advantages due to its extended functions.
Ideal for serial production
Robot welding cannot and will not replace manual welding, but it does offer some advantages that we are now able to offer you with our robot. The use is always worthwhile when welding operations have to be carried out repeatedly. This is especially the case in the production of serial parts.
Robot welding enables the serial production of assemblies in constant quality, which minimizes the error rate. Robots do not show any signs of tiredness and can perform the same work all day long. When many identical assemblies are welded, this reduces the average processing time and increases the productivity.
While the robot is welding inside the cabin, the next assembly can be prepared on a shuttle table outside the welding cabin. After finishing, the shuttle tables are exchanged and the prepared assembly is transported into the cabin for the welding process. The finished welding assembly can be removed without entering the cabin. The use of shuttle tables significantly improves the work flow.
Programming that have been created can be saved and executed again and again as required. This is of particular benefit to customers who call off large orders in batches during the course of the year.
All advantages at a glance
- Increase in productivity
- Reduction of the processing time and the error rate
- Consistent quality (e.g. round welds without interruption)
- Narrow process wrist for small openings
- Fast and easy programmability
- Cost-effective even for small series
- Reduction of operating costs due to lower maintenance requirements
- Very high position and path repeatability
- Improved work flow through a shuttle table